Monday, February 18, 2008

Listen


A movie I put together as a model for a possible 8th grade graduation video last year.

originally from 1/18/07 from pseudo-intellectualism

I must have played this song (from Dreamgirls) about 25-30 times on the way to Rhode Island during the Christmas break. I had the idea that the lyrics could be utilized to give meaning to the struggles of different indigenous groups through history. I kept trying to come up with a systematic way to harvest images to provide a graphic background for it. I also thought I would audition it as a possible graduation song-maybe inspire some of the kids to come up with their own ideas for a collaborative multimedia piece. After lots of frustration in searching.... then it came to me.. I remembered buying from the Northland Poster Collective Site! northlandposter.com sells great people's history posters (and stickers) and they are very reasonably priced.
I used their samples. Here's the result and I youtubed it. It's not perfect, but there's even a limit to my obsessiveness.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online