Saturday, February 2, 2008

Black Inventors

from 3/11/07: Ms. Womack, Sojourner Truth's excellent art teacher put together a display of art created by a 3/4 class. A very imaginative use of cardboard and paper was put in place to display the inventions of Black Scientists. I took pictures of sections of the display at the Carver Federal Savings Bank on 117th and Malcolm X Boulevard. The folks there are extremely nice. The branch manager is Frederica Clark. I should have used a better resolution setting in order to more accurately capture the titling. In many cases I re-typed them. They are fully visible in a regular slide show size, but for youtube's compression and size setting you may not see them all. I also added to the slides images of some of the inventors that I found online. For filler I used a portion of scholastic's site on black inventors. For music. It was a toss up between "We Can Work It Out" by the Beatles and "Imagination" by Ella. I went with Ella. Words and Music by Burke and Van Heusen

Imagination is funny
It makes a cloudy day sunny
It makes a bee think of honey
Just like I think of you
Imagination is crazy
Your whole perspective gets hazy
It starts you asking a daisy what to do
What to do
Have you ever felt a gentle touch
And then a kiss, then and then
You find its only your imagination again
Oh well
Imagination is silly
You go around willy-nilly
For example I go around wanting you
Yet I cant imagine that you want me too

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online